You know it’s Fall when Starbucks brings back the highly addictive Pumpkin Spice Latte. That, combined with planning a pumpkin carving party, ignited a craving for something pumpkin-y...but that didn't contain tablespoons of sugar.
So…I bought some coconut flour (which is higher in protein and gluten free) and I decided to experiment with it. Then, I found a great recipe on comfybelly.com and made a few Bespoke modifications. (Note: The recipes on comfybelly are gluten free; some are Paleo. All of the ones that I’ve made are delicious.)
My time was limited--and I didn’t want to test my knife skills. So instead of roasting my own pumpkin, I bought the organic canned pumpkin at Whole Foods. I changed up the flours in the recipe, cut way down on the sugar, and added a few surprises. A piece of this pumpkin bread with an almond milk latte, seasoned with cinnamon and nutmeg, and I was all set! It was a truly delicious, and healthy, way to satisfy my pumpkin craving. And it may be a great way to satisfy yours…
Bespoke Pumpkin Bread
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1/3 cup of coconut flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup of roasted pumpkin or organic canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
Optional Bespoke additions: handful of nuts of any kind; handful of carob or dark chocolate chips; 1/2 cup of shredded coconut; 1/2 cup dried fruit; 1/4 cup chia seeds.
1. Preheat your oven to 350° F/175° C.
2. Blend all the dry ingredients together.
3. Add the wet ingredients together, blend well, and then mix them into the dry ingredients. Add your Bespoke ingredients.
4. Oil or butter the baking pan (8 inch round), or line it with parchment paper.
5. Add the batter to baking pan.
6. Bake for 45 minutes, or until browned and a toothpick inserted in the middle of the bread comes out clean.
Thanks to comfybelly.com for the great inspiration recipe.
Brilliant. Easy. Bespoke.